Sunday, March 3, 2013

C4K Summary For February

C4K #1
http://wpteach.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/comment.pngMy first C4K was for Bethany's blog for her IB world history class. Her post was about the historical fiction book she chose for a project. She chose Beware, Princess Elizabeth by Carolyn Meyer. She wrote a brief description about the book and she hoped to get an insight into the life of a young Princess Elizabeth. Here is the comment I left for her: "Hey Bethany, My name is Paula McKinney and I’m a student from EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. The Tudors are, in my opinion, one of the most interesting families in European history. Historical fiction is a great way to learn about events and people throughout history. However, because it is fictional be sure to do other research in order to see where the facts end and the author’s creativity takes over. Overall, great job! I’m very interested in seeing what you learn. Sincerely, Paula McKinney."

C4K #2
My second C4K was for Carlos. Carlos is a student in Mr. Sapia's class and hates homework. He makes the point in his post that homework can be frustrating if you have problems and have no way to ask a teacher for help. Here is the comment I left- "Hi Carlos, I’m a college student at the University of South Alabama studying to become a science teacher. Homework is usually given to help students to further their understanding of what they’ve learned in class that day. I would have to agree with you that it can be frustrating to be stuck on a problem and have no way to ask your teacher for assistance. However, we are very lucky to live in a world where technology is so available to us. Have you ever tried to email a teacher with a question about a homework assignment? It’s much easier to get in touch with teachers after school thanks to technology. But even if you’re unable to contact them, I’m certain that they will understand if you ask for help the next time you are in class. Great post!"

C4K #3
For my third C4K assignment I commented on Jennifer's blog. Jennifer is a 6 year student in Auckland, New Zealand. I commented on her story about Waitangi Day, a holiday in New Zealand celebrated much like our Fourth of July. "Hi Jennifer, my name is Paula and I'm a college student in the United States. I really like the colorful pictures throughout your blog. I'm not sure what Waitangi Day is but it sounds exciting. Continue the great work!"

C4K #4
My last C4K assignment was for Tammy Jo. She is a 10th grader in Mrs. Martin's English class. The blog post I commented on was about self expression. In it Tammy wrote about how she expresses her feelings through singing. I commented saying:"Hi Tammy Jo. I'm a  student at South Alabama and was assigned your blog to comment on. I too prefer to use music to express my feelings. Music has always helped me express how I'm feeling when my own voice and words seemed to fail. I played the clarinet for 10 years and I'm still amazed at the affect music has on my emotions. Why do you think music has so much influence on our emotions? Great post and keep up the good work."

No comments:

Post a Comment