Sunday, April 7, 2013

C4K March

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jEcGIDBP8lw/Tb8bD22MA-I/AAAAAAAAACg/ifVQphB_BKw/s1600/roll+on+the+floor.jpgC4K#5
My fifth C4K assignment was to comment on Spencer's blog post titled Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry. His class had just finished Mildred Taylor's Roll of Thunder, Here My Cry. He wrote that the novel was a little hard to follow,but he became more captivated after reading further.

Hey Spencer,
I’m a college student at the University of South Alabama studying to be a teacher. Have you read any other works by Mildred Taylor? This is a good post but make sure you don’t forget to add necessary punctuation so you don’t have any run-on sentences.
Sincerely,
Paula McKinney

He also replied to my comment stating he hasn't read any other novels by Mrs. Taylor. He also said that he too noticed the run-ons in his post and figured someone would catch them.

C4K#6
The next comment I left was for Austin. Austin's post was titled Life 101. The post was about a game that mirrored the board game Life. Austin and his classmates traveled to different stations in their gym learning about salaries, taxes, and the effects certain money choices have on life. My comment to him is below:
http://www.trickedbythelight.com/tbtl/images/game-of-life.jpg
Hi Austin,
My name is Paula, and I’m a student at the University of South Alabama. I really liked that you made sure to explain how the game worked and defined some terms as well. When writing a blog, it’s important to give a small summary to give potential readers a better understanding of what your assignment or activity was. I think it’s great you’re getting to learn how to make smart financial decisions. Speaking from experience, you will definitely appreciate the chance to practice making decisions with saving and spending money. Keep up the great blogging!

C4K#7
In my seventh C4K I commented on Jabezv's blog post Why do we have Easter eggs? He is a7th year student in Auckland, New Zealand. He wrote that we have Easter eggs as a representation of Jesus's resurrection. The egg's shell represents the sealed tomb and breaking the egg represents his resurrection.

 Hi Jabezv, My name is Paula McKinney and I'm a college student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I have always wondered why we had Easter eggs but never knew the meaning behind them. Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work!

C4K#8
In my 8th C4K I read Laycee's post Intro. to Russian Students. She wrote a little bit about herself and her interests, including that she had never been out of the United States. She also wants to be a nurse in the Navy.

Hi Laycee, my name is Paula and I'm a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I too have never been out of the country but I have always wanted to travel to the United Kingdom. I think it's great that Algebra is your favorite subject, not many people like math class. Keep up the great blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment